If you have a recipes that you use
Jar Head Salsa,
drop us a line and we
“won’t have to shoot you”.
Jar Head Salsa Corn Muffins
Serve with the New Jar Head Chicken Tortilla Soup!
Ingredients: Part 1
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup White sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1) In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs & salt.
Ingredients: Part 2
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup corn meal
1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup Jar Head Salsa, regular or Mild
2) Mix in flour, corn meal, & baking powder thoroughly. Stir in milk and Jar Head Salsa.
3) Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
4) Grease or line 12 muffin pan.
5) Pour or spoon batter into prepared muffin cups or pan.
6) Bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
I think the name should be change from queso XXXXX to Kaeso Dio since the Marines Kick Ass everywhere they go, I hope you agree Tami.
3lbs Velvetta Cheese (1 and 1/2 blocks)
1 8 oz.package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 15 oz can Hormel Chili w/ beans
2 pints Jar Head Salsa, (I used 1 mild and 1 medium), but your choice
Cut the Velvetta into chunks and put in crock pot set on med/high
Cut up the cream cheese into pieces for easy melting,also adding to crock pot
Pour in Hormel and Jar Head Salsa
Mix well and keep a watch on the crock pot until all the cheeses are melted.
Once all is melted and incorporated turn crock pot to low/warm.
Enjoy with your favorite chips
Options to create a milder salsa – 1) Mix with sour cream or 2) Miracle Whip, Miracle Whip Light or 3) Corn and or black beans.
To make Queso Dip – mix with cheese. Add taco meat if desired.
For an elite salad dressing – Mix with Miracle Whip or Miracle Whip Light. You may never go back to bottled dressing.
For the extra juice: 1) Crumble up chips. 2) Marinate chicken or beef for fajitas or carne asada
Makes one hell of a Bloody Mary (named The Blood Stripe after the red stripe on the Marine Dress Blue Trousers). Ingredients: vodka, celery salt, and Worcestershire Sauce. Garnish with a celery stalk, dill pickle, or green olives.
For Breakfast – Serve on scrambled eggs to create Huevos Rancheros or wrap in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito
- Add to chili – enter the local chili cook off, you can take all the credit.